- MAR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $338.5 million.
- MAR has traded 2.5 million shares today.
- MAR traded in a range 232.9% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.59.
- MAR traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 14 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 14 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MAR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MAR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MAR: Marriott International, Inc. operates, franchises, and licenses hotels and timeshare properties worldwide. The company operates through three segments: North American Full-Service, North American Limited-Service, and International. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. MAR has a PE ratio of 22. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Marriott International a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Marriott International has been 5.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Marriott International has a market cap of $17.3 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 1.26 and a short float of 20.7% with 7.28 days to cover. Shares are up 1.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Marriott International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and increase in net income. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MARRIOTT INTL INC has improved earnings per share by 13.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MARRIOTT INTL INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.15 versus $2.54 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.76 versus $3.15).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 11.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $350.00 million or 27.73% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 13.07%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry average. The net income increased by 2.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $197.00 million to $202.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for MARRIOTT INTL INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 9.82%. Regardless of MAR's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 5.45% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Marriott International Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.