- KALU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.3 million.
- KALU has traded 11,789 shares today.
- KALU is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KALU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KALU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KALU: Kaiser Aluminum Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, produces semi-fabricated specialty aluminum products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Kaiser Aluminum a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Kaiser Aluminum has been 165,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Kaiser Aluminum has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. The stock has a beta of 0.52 and a short float of 3.3% with 3.23 days to cover. Shares are up 5.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Kaiser Aluminum as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income increased by 109.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$292.20 million to $26.30 million.
- KALU's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.25 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.42, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, KAISER ALUMINUM CORP's return on equity has significantly outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- KAISER ALUMINUM CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, KAISER ALUMINUM CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$13.80 versus $3.88 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.06 versus -$13.80).
- You can view the full Kaiser Aluminum Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.