- KNX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $31.8 million.
- KNX has traded 712,992 shares today.
- KNX traded in a range 222.9% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.73.
- KNX traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 1 day, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 1 calendar day. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KNX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KNX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KNX: Knight Transportation, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a short-to-medium haul truckload carrier of general commodities primarily in the United States. It operates through two segments, Trucking and Logistics. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. KNX has a PE ratio of 18. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Knight Transportation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for Knight Transportation has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Knight Transportation has a market cap of $2.0 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 0.85 and a short float of 14% with 8.46 days to cover. Shares are up 4.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Knight Transportation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- KNX's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.15 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, KNX has a quick ratio of 2.29, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Road & Rail industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, KNIGHT TRANSPORTATION INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 16.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 8.4%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Road & Rail industry average. The net income has decreased by 11.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $32.94 million to $29.23 million.
- KNIGHT TRANSPORTATION INC's earnings per share declined by 10.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, KNIGHT TRANSPORTATION INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.42 versus $1.25 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 4.9% in earnings ($1.35 versus $1.42).
- You can view the full Knight Transportation Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.