- IAG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $21.1 million.
- IAG has traded 468,863 shares today.
- IAG is up 6% today.
- IAG was down 5.8% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in IAG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for IAG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on IAG: IAMGOLD Corporation explores for, develops, and operates mining properties in North and South America, and West Africa. The company explores for gold, copper, zinc, and silver. Currently there are no analysts that rate Iamgold a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Iamgold has been 6.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Iamgold has a market cap of $924.3 million and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are up 59.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Iamgold as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- IAMGOLD CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, IAMGOLD CORP reported poor results of -$2.04 versus -$0.71 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 454.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$122.00 million to -$675.90 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, IAMGOLD CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$45.50 million or 163.19% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Despite the weak revenue results, IAG has outperformed against the industry average of 37.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 12.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Iamgold Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.