- BLL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $92.0 million.
- BLL has traded 1274.5399999999999636202119290828704833984375 options contracts today.
- BLL is making at least a new 3-day high.
- BLL has a PE ratio of 21.
- BLL is mentioned 1.23 times per day on StockTwits.
- BLL has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- BLL is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- BLL is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- BLL is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- BLL is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BLL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BLL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BLL: Ball Corporation supplies metal packaging products to the beverage, food, personal care, and household industries worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. BLL has a PE ratio of 21. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Ball a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Ball has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Ball has a market cap of $10.0 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.19 and a short float of 8.9% with 9.86 days to cover. Shares are down 2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ball as a buy. Among the primary strengths of the company is its generally strong cash flow from operations. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $409.70 million or 13.02% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.54%.
- BALL CORP's earnings per share declined by 27.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BALL CORP reported lower earnings of $1.99 versus $3.30 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.66 versus $1.99).
- BLL, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 10.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 11.2%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Containers & Packaging industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has significantly decreased by 27.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $76.00 million to $55.30 million.
- The gross profit margin for BALL CORP is rather low; currently it is at 20.54%. Regardless of BLL's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BLL's net profit margin of 3.06% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full Ball Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.