- RPAI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $18.4 million.
- RPAI has traded 1.1641999999999999015898310972261242568492889404296875 options contracts today.
- RPAI is making at least a new 3-day high.
- RPAI has a PE ratio of 32.
- RPAI is mentioned 0.87 times per day on StockTwits.
- RPAI has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- RPAI is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- RPAI is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- RPAI is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- RPAI is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RPAI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RPAI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RPAI: Retail Properties of America, Inc. is a real estate investment trust. It engages in acquisition, development and management of properties. The trust invests in the real estate markets of United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.2%. RPAI has a PE ratio of 32. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Retail Properties of America a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Retail Properties of America has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Retail Properties of America has a market cap of $3.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.39 and a short float of 0.7% with 0.93 days to cover. Shares are up 8.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Retail Properties of America as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, poor profit margins and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $56.74 million or 1.20% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, RETAIL PPTYS OF AMERICA INC's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 3.62%.
- RPAI, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 7.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.6%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 88.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $25.87 million to $3.01 million.
- The gross profit margin for RETAIL PPTYS OF AMERICA INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 26.11%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 2.01% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Retail Properties of America Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.