- Second place prize - $10,000 and a behind-the-scenes trip to a Velocity network show taping
- Third place prize - $7,500
- Fourth to tenth place prizes - Each receives $2,500
- Four regional prizes - Each receives $1,000
The Video Challenge is one component of Toyota and Discovery Education's TeenDrive365: In School initiative, a comprehensive program offering a range of tools designed specifically for high school educators and teens. Resources offered include tools to help teens prepare for the responsibility of driving, such as quizzes, parental discussion points, and a financial calculator; classroom resources for educators, including standards-aligned lesson plans for grades 9-12; and Heads UP!, an interactive simulation which allows teens to virtually experience the real dangers of distracted driving.The program is part of Toyota TeenDrive365, a comprehensive initiative to help teens and parents become safer drivers together. Building on the programs Toyota has offered for more than a decade, it offers a collection of online tools, events, expert advice and tips as well as social media elements. TeenDrive365 is adding two new features this year to build on its extensive resources for teens.
- Virtual Field Trip to Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Indiana - Hosted by Cristy Lee, star of Velocity's All Girls Garage, this live online broadcast will take viewers on a guided tour to learn about the latest in robotics, automotive safety and production innovation. Students will get an exclusive look 'under the hood' at the careers offered in a manufacturing plant, hearing from experts such as Toyota engineers, production team members and executives. Classrooms will learn how Toyota is working with robotics and computers to increase auto safety. The trip will occur on May 3 at 12:00PM ET. To join, register at teendrive365inschool.com/educators/field-trip.
- Science Behind Safe Driving Learning Module - This free interactive learning module helps educators explain the science behind safe driving to teens in a fun and engaging way (picture a cake traveling on top of a skateboard). To access the module, educators can visit http://www.teendrive365inschool.com/educators/preparing-lessons.
To learn more about the resources offered through TeenDrive365: In School, go to http://www.teendrive365inschool.com/.About Toyota Toyota (NYSE:TM), the world's top automaker and creator of the Prius and the Mirai fuel cell vehicle, is committed to building vehicles for the way people live through our Toyota, Lexus and Scion brands. Over the past 50 years, we've built more than 30 million cars and trucks in North America, where we operate 14 manufacturing plants (10 in the U.S.) and directly employ more than 42,000 people (more than 33,000 in the U.S.). Toyota operates 1,800 North American dealerships (1,500 in the U.S. alone which sold almost 2.5 million cars and trucks in 2015) - and about 80 percent of all Toyota vehicles sold over the past 20 years are still on the road today. Toyota partners with philanthropic organizations across the country, with a focus on education, safety, and the environment. As part of this commitment, we share the company's extensive know-how garnered from building great cars and trucks to help community organizations and other nonprofits expand their ability to do good. For more information about Toyota, visit www.toyotanewsroom.com. About Discovery Education Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Serving 3 million educators and over 30 million students, Discovery Education's services are in half of U.S. classrooms, over 40 percent of all primary schools in the UK, and more than 50 countries. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that increase academic achievement. Discovery Education is powered by Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK), the number one nonfiction media company in the world. Explore the future of education at www.discoveryeducation.com.