"While all-flash arrays continue to exhibit strong double digit growth, the cost of these solutions is undergoing an increasingly downward trend," said Eric Burgener, research director at IDC. "As these flash alternatives reach price parity with HDD-based systems, we are starting to see more data center customers able to consider them for their storage requirements. The introduction of the InfiniFlash IF150 system brings higher performance at an effective dollar-per-gigabyte price point; in turn allowing a variety of new enterprise workloads to benefit from flash storage performance."IF150 features and specifications include:
- Exceptional Performance: Features an enhanced 12Gbps SAS interface, which can deliver up to two million IOPS, providing new levels of speed and performance in read/write-intensive environments. 1
- Breakthrough Economics and Reduced Opex: Offers up to an 80 percent reduction in total cost of ownership (TCO) advantage over HDD-based systems. It is projected that all-flash arrays are 10x more reliable than HDD-based arrays, greatly reducing maintenance and FRU expenses. 2
- Incredibly Low Power Consumption: The lowest power consumption - 450 watts average - of any high-capacity flash storage in the industry, significantly reducing data center operating expenses. 3
- Downsized Data Center Footprint: IF150 delivers among the highest density - 512TB in 3U - in the industry, saving costly rack space in the data center, making efficient use of available power and floor space.
- FlashStart™ - A SanDisk Professional Service for all InfiniFlash storage systems and SanDisk ION Accelerator™ customers that ensures that all hardware and software is optimally installed and configured to give all customers a competitive edge.
- FlashAssure™ - A comprehensive customer support service including warranty coverage, selectable Service Level Agreement (SLA) options and onsite field technicians.
- "GleSYS provides flexible, scalable, hosted Internet solutions to nearly 3,500 customers around the world," said Glenn Johansson, chief executive officer & founder, GleSYS Internet Services AB. "Incorporating SanDisk's InfiniFlash system as part of our solution provides GleSYS with a seamless, simple-to-manage, cost-efficient solution that delivers substantial performance gains over traditional legacy infrastructure."
- "CompuGroup Medical needed a solution that provided high performance and improved latency to support diverse and complex workloads," said Thomas Schend, senior IT systems architect, CompuGroup Medical. "By deploying the InifiniFlash System, CompuGroup Medical realized increased data access speeds, lower power and cooling costs, and a reduced data center footprint—all in a cost-effective solution."
- "As part of Wipro's SDDC strategy, our next generation SDS reference architecture is designed for seamless adoption and transition to a flexible, highly-scalable, efficient and high-performance storage solution," said Anuj Bhalla, vice president and business head - Global SI, Maintenance Services and Products at Wipro. "Wipro's SDS, powered by SanDisk's InfiniFlash technology, brings in unmatched all-flash performance, reliability at lower cost and SanDisk's innovation on next-gen flash dramatically reduces DC footprint, altogether lowering overall TCO."
1 - Based on internal testing. Test results and configurations available from SanDisk upon request.2 - Annual Failure Rate as compared to HDDs. InfiniFlash AFR based on internal testing. Test results available from SanDisk upon request. 3 - Power consumption cost modeling data available from SanDisk upon request.