- Refunds abound. Of the nearly 3 in 4 (74%) who have received or expect refunds, just over half (54%) plan to save rather than spend them.
- More than half seek help. Just over half (53%) of taxpayers get help to prepare their taxes. Of the taxpayers who get help, most hire professionals (41% of all filers).
- H&R Block dominates tax prep firms. H&R Block is the tax prep firm to beat as roughly 1 in 3 (34%) who hired help used H&R Block to prepare their taxes.
- Most do-it-yourself filers purchase software to help. 41% of all filers purchase software to assist them in doing their taxes themselves. These taxpayers most often picked a software product because it was cost effective (56%).
- TurboTax is the dominant tax software. A majority (52%) using software to do their taxes themselves choose TurboTax. When asked why they chose their tax software, TurboTax customers were more likely than other respondents to say they chose it because it is "easy to use" (43% vs. 38%) or that they are confident in the product (17% vs. 11%).
Fluent is the premier database marketing company that is regularly publishing consumer market research leveraging its massive reservoir of proprietary audience data and real-time survey platform. The company surveys over 500,000 American adults and generates over 5.5 million unique survey responses each day. Insights gleaned from Fluent's surveys fuel highly relevant and precise ad targeting and lookalike modeling, and are also used for the rapid execution of market research.To download the full report, "The Tax Man Cometh, and That's OK: Taxpayer Attitudes Not All Doom and Gloom in 2016," please visit: http://www.fluentco.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Fluent_Tax_Infographic_2016.pdf About Fluent Fluent, LLC, an IDI company (NYSE MKT: IDI), is an industry leader in people-based digital marketing and customer acquisition, serving over 500 leading consumer brands and direct marketers. Leveraging a massive reservoir of proprietary audience data, as well as millions of real-time survey interactions with consumers every day, Fluent enables advertisers to more effectively target and acquire their most valuable customers, with precision, at a massive scale. The company's headquarters is in New York City, with a satellite office in Washington, DC. For more information visit http://www.fluentco.com/. About IDI At IDI, we believe that time is your most valuable asset. Through powerful analytics, we transform data into intelligence, in a fast and efficient manner, so that our clients can spend their time on what matters most - running their organizations with confidence. Through leading-edge, proprietary technology and a massive data repository, our data and analytical solutions harness the power of data fusion, uncovering the relevance of disparate data points and converting them into comprehensive and insightful views of people, businesses, assets and their interrelationships. We empower clients across markets and industries to better execute all aspects of their business, from managing risk, conducting investigations, identifying fraud and abuse, and collecting debts, to identifying and acquiring new customers. At IDI, we are dedicated to making the world a safer place, to reducing the cost of doing business, and to enhancing the consumer experience. For more information visit http://www.ididata.com/. FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS This press release contains "forward-looking statements," as that term is defined under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 (PSLRA), which statements may be identified by words such as "expects," "plans," "projects," "will," "may," "anticipate," "believes," "should," "intends," "estimates," and other words of similar meaning. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which are based on our expectations as of the date of this press release and speak only as of the date of this press release. Readers are further advised to consider the risk factors under the heading "Forward-Looking Statements" and "Risk Factors" in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K, as may be supplemented or amended by the Company's Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other SEC filings. We undertake no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.