- BNFT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $7.6 million.
- BNFT has traded 51,257 shares today.
- BNFT is trading at 2.51 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- BNFT is trading at a new low 3.02% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BNFT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BNFT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BNFT: Benefitfocus, Inc. provides cloud-based benefits management platform for consumers, employers, insurance carriers, and brokers in the United States. It operates through Employer and Carrier segments. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Benefitfocus a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Benefitfocus has been 217,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Benefitfocus has a market cap of $1.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. Shares are down 0.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Benefitfocus as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been a generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BNFT has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 9.36% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- 48.14% is the gross profit margin for BENEFITFOCUS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -22.97% is in-line with the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to -$5.86 million or 5.46% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, BENEFITFOCUS INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 4.42%.
- BENEFITFOCUS INC has improved earnings per share by 20.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, BENEFITFOCUS INC continued to lose money by earning -$2.20 versus -$2.51 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$1.15 versus -$2.20).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Internet Software & Services industry average. The net income increased by 8.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$13.69 million to -$12.49 million.
- You can view the full Benefitfocus Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.