- BRCD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $60.6 million.
- BRCD has traded 2.6 million shares today.
- BRCD is trading at 7.07 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- BRCD is trading at a new high 3.05% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BRCD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BRCD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BRCD: Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. provides storage area networking (SAN) and Internet protocol (IP) networking solutions for businesses and organizations worldwide. It operates through three segments: SAN Products, IP Networking Products, and Global Services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.7%. BRCD has a PE ratio of 13. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Brocade Communications Systems a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. The average volume for Brocade Communications Systems has been 4.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Brocade Communications Systems has a market cap of $4.3 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer hardware industry. The stock has a beta of 0.60 and a short float of 1.6% with 1.01 days to cover. Shares are up 0.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Brocade Communications Systems as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels, impressive record of earnings per share growth and good cash flow from operations. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.32, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.23, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Communications Equipment industry and the overall market, BROCADE COMMUNICATIONS SYS's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- BROCADE COMMUNICATIONS SYS has improved earnings per share by 15.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BROCADE COMMUNICATIONS SYS increased its bottom line by earning $0.79 versus $0.54 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.07 versus $0.79).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 979.57% to $112.20 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, BROCADE COMMUNICATIONS SYS has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 39.69%.
- You can view the full Brocade Communications Systems Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.