In addition to re-thought design in the guestrooms, California-based artist Paul Olson created unique artwork for the rooms, in a theme referencing local roots in architecture, agriculture and performing arts. Working with a monochromatic color scheme, large scale digital photo murals appear in every guestroom.The four-diamond property has seven flexible meeting rooms, totaling 6,800 square feet of space, including an executive boardroom that can accommodate up to 250 banquet guests. The hotel also offers a team of talented on-site wedding planners and culinary artists that can help plan magnificent weddings, using the lake as a stunning backdrop. "By teaming up with Tribute Portfolio, we are able to stay true to the Avenue of the Arts Hotel Costa Mesa's independent spirit," said Paul Sanford, Asset Manager for Wincome Management and Development. "Starwood's renowned loyalty program and distribution system will allow us to share the newly renovated property's distinct features with even more future guests." #IndependentMoments As with all Tribute Portfolio properties, the Avenue of the Arts Hotel Costa Mesa, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, features a selection of #independentmoments: distinct moments found at each Tribute Portfolio hotel and resort that illustrate what guests love about "staying independent." These socially-sourced vignettes extend beyond the typical hotel brochure to highlight the secret spots, must-sees and can't-miss experiences at each Tribute Portfolio property. Guests are also encouraged to share their own #independentmoments throughout their stay on property. The #independentmoments for the Avenue of the Arts Hotel Costa Mesa include:
- Stuffed Waffles - A twist on the traditional breakfast treat, the Silver Trumpet Restaurant's stuffed waffles have been known to lure guests to a table before heading out for their day's activities.
- Bedroom Mural - Created by local artist Paul Olson, the custom artwork on property ensures that the updated Avenue of the Arts Hotel gives guests a glimpse into the local architecture, agricultural past and performing arts focus of the area.
- Living Wall - A perfect photo opportunity when guests first arrive, the property welcomes them with a wall of lush greenery, signaling the oasis that awaits.
- Dome Lights - This striking design element transforms the acoustics and allows guests socializing below these lights to have a small pocket of privacy.
- J Gursey Coffee - The locally sourced, small batch roasted, independently-owned coffee that is served throughout the property gives a nod to Tribute Portfolio's indie spirit.
- Welcome Nook - This intimate seating area gives weary travelers an intimate place to rest their feet upon arrival at the property, in between meetings or before a reservation at the Silver Trumpet Restaurant.