- GAS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $44.2 million.
- GAS has traded 26,759 shares today.
- GAS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GAS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GAS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GAS: AGL Resources Inc., an energy services holding company, distributes natural gas to residential, commercial, and industrial customers in Illinois, Georgia, Virginia, New Jersey, Florida, Tennessee, and Maryland. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.2%. GAS has a PE ratio of 22. Currently there are no analysts that rate AGL Resources a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for AGL Resources has been 772,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. AGL has a market cap of $7.8 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of -0.35 and a short float of 1.4% with 2.37 days to cover. Shares are up 1.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates AGL Resources as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance and good cash flow from operations. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, GAS's share price has jumped by 33.36%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, GAS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 86.75% to -$29.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 86.75%, AGL RESOURCES INC is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 578.13%.
- AGL RESOURCES INC's earnings per share declined by 28.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AGL RESOURCES INC reported lower earnings of $2.95 versus $4.72 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.05 versus $2.95).
- GAS, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 24.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 33.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for AGL RESOURCES INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 34.20%. Regardless of GAS's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, GAS's net profit margin of 11.12% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full AGL Resources Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.