- WGL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $19.1 million.
- WGL has traded 2,313 shares today.
- WGL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WGL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WGL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WGL: WGL Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, sells and delivers natural gas, and provides energy-related products and services. The company operates in four segments: Regulated Utility, Retail Energy-Marketing, Commercial Energy Systems, and Midstream Energy Services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.7%. WGL has a PE ratio of 26. Currently there are no analysts that rate WGL Holdings a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for WGL Holdings has been 273,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. WGL has a market cap of $3.5 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. Shares are up 12.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates WGL Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- WGL HOLDINGS INC has improved earnings per share by 6.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WGL HOLDINGS INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.62 versus $2.05 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.14 versus $2.62).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Gas Utilities industry average. The net income increased by 6.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $64.22 million to $68.50 million.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 25.80% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 24.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 18.1%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for WGL HOLDINGS INC is rather low; currently it is at 24.28%. Regardless of WGL's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, WGL's net profit margin of 11.16% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full WGL Holdings Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.