- VIP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $5.5 million.
- VIP has traded 344,954 shares today.
- VIP is trading at 2.26 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- VIP is trading at a new low 4.19% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VIP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VIP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on VIP: VimpelCom Ltd. provides telecommunications services in Italy, Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Armenia, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Algeria, Bangladesh, and Pakistan. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.6%. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate VimpelCom a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for VimpelCom has been 1.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. VimpelCom has a market cap of $7.1 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. Shares are up 23.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates VimpelCom as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally high debt management risk, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.62 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, VIP maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.81, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Wireless Telecommunication Services industry and the overall market, VIMPELCOM LTD's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- VIP's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 28.76%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $907.00 million or 35.16% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 35.16%, VIMPELCOM LTD is in line with the industry average cash flow growth rate of -44.84%.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 14.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 23.3%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full VimpelCom Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.