- RNR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $33.0 million.
- RNR has traded 1,943 shares today.
- RNR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RNR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RNR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RNR: RenaissanceRe Holdings Ltd. together with its subsidiaries, provides reinsurance and insurance coverages and related services in the United States and internationally. The company operates through Catastrophe Reinsurance, Specialty Reinsurance, and Lloyd's segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. RNR has a PE ratio of 12. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate RenaissanceRe Holdings a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for RenaissanceRe Holdings has been 360,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. RenaissanceRe has a market cap of $5.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 0.62 and a short float of 4.6% with 7.46 days to cover. Shares are up 2.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates RenaissanceRe Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 19.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Although RNR's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.21 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average.
- 39.52% is the gross profit margin for RENAISSANCERE HOLDINGS LTD which we consider to be strong. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, RNR's net profit margin of 26.22% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $252.59 million or 5.49% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow RENAISSANCERE HOLDINGS LTD is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -34.94%.
- You can view the full RenaissanceRe Holdings Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.