- SSS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $34.7 million.
- SSS has traded 17.1193999999999988403942552395164966583251953125 options contracts today.
- SSS is making at least a new 3-day high.
- SSS has a PE ratio of 37.
- SSS is mentioned 1.00 times per day on StockTwits.
- SSS has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- SSS is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- SSS is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- SSS is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- SSS is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SSS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SSS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SSS: Sovran Self Storage, Inc. operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT). It engages in the acquisition, ownership, and management of self-storage properties in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.9%. SSS has a PE ratio of 37. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Sovran Self Storage a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Sovran Self Storage has been 413,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Sovran Self has a market cap of $4.5 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.34 and a short float of 4.5% with 4.45 days to cover. Shares are up 6.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Sovran Self Storage as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SSS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 7.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- SOVRAN SELF STORAGE INC has improved earnings per share by 9.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SOVRAN SELF STORAGE INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.16 versus $2.66 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.50 versus $3.16).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 16.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $25.69 million to $30.04 million.
- The gross profit margin for SOVRAN SELF STORAGE INC is rather high; currently it is at 52.88%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 31.28% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Sovran Self Storage Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.