- SWX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.4 million.
- SWX has traded 7,959 shares today.
- SWX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SWX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SWX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SWX: Southwest Gas Corporation purchases, distributes, and transports natural gas in Arizona, Nevada, and California. The company operates in two segments, Natural Gas Operations and Construction Services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.8%. SWX has a PE ratio of 23. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Southwest Gas a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Southwest Gas has been 239,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Southwest Gas has a market cap of $3.1 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.52 and a short float of 2.3% with 5.38 days to cover. Shares are up 18.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Southwest Gas as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, increase in net income, growth in earnings per share and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 24.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Gas Utilities industry. The net income increased by 12.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $58.75 million to $66.12 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 59.43% to $134.75 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 59.43%, SOUTHWEST GAS CORP is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 582.28%.
- SOUTHWEST GAS CORP has improved earnings per share by 10.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SOUTHWEST GAS CORP reported lower earnings of $2.91 versus $3.01 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.20 versus $2.91).
- You can view the full Southwest Gas Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.