Amyris Personal Care Business (Flavors, Fragrances, Food ingredients and Cosmetic Ingredients) is Company's Largest and Fastest-Growing Business
- The personal care business represented $25 million of 2015 revenue and is expected to contribute $40 million of 2016 revenue.
- The company expects existing collaboration and supply agreements to generate over $200 million in revenue through 2020 from the company's flavors and fragrances partners (including the five largest fragrance houses in the world) and other industry leading companies.
- The company's first food ingredients collaboration is successfully underway with plans to begin producing a disruptive, large-market product for this customer in 2017.
- Amyris entered 2016 with key customer commitments in place for farnesene applications, which represent a substantial percentage (approximately 88% of anticipated product revenue based on information from these customers) of planned production volume at Brotas during 2016.
- During the fourth quarter of 2015 Amyris started shipping farnesene for the commercial production of tires, adhesives, nutraceuticals and solvents. These applications are expected to consume the full production of Brotas in 2016 and keep the plant capacity sold out through 2020, including the added capacity as a result of the dedicated flavors and fragrances industrial production unit.
Contact:Amyris, Inc.Peter DeNardoDirector, Investor Relations and Corporate Communications(510) firstname.lastname@example.org@amyris.com