- TE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $89.4 million.
- TE has traded 22.7760999999999995679900166578590869903564453125 options contracts today.
- TE is making at least a new 3-day high.
- TE has a PE ratio of 27.
- TE is mentioned 1.52 times per day on StockTwits.
- TE has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- TE is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- TE is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- TE is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- TE is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TE: TECO Energy, Inc., an electric and gas utility holding company, engages in the regulated electric and gas utility operations. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.4%. TE has a PE ratio of 27. Currently there are no analysts that rate TECO Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for TECO Energy has been 2.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. TECO Energy has a market cap of $6.5 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.32 and a short float of 1.9% with 2.46 days to cover. Shares are up 2.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates TECO Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and reasonable valuation levels. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TECO ENERGY INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TECO ENERGY INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.03 versus $0.92 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.18 versus $1.03).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Multi-Utilities industry. The net income increased by 367.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $10.80 million to $50.50 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Multi-Utilities industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, TECO ENERGY INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 100.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 45.21% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 4.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.8%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full TECO Energy Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.