- BCR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $92.3 million.
- BCR has traded 82.16419999999999390638549812138080596923828125 options contracts today.
- BCR is making at least a new 3-day high.
- BCR has a PE ratio of 11.
- BCR is mentioned 1.68 times per day on StockTwits.
- BCR has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- BCR is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- BCR is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- BCR is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- BCR is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BCR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BCR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BCR: C. R. Bard, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, packages, distributes, and sells medical, surgical, diagnostic, and patient care devices worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.5%. BCR has a PE ratio of 11. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate CR Bard a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. The average volume for CR Bard has been 565,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. CR Bard has a market cap of $14.3 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.61 and a short float of 1.5% with 2.07 days to cover. Shares are up 3.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates CR Bard as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, increase in net income, expanding profit margins and growth in earnings per share. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BCR's revenue growth trails the industry average of 30.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry average. The net income increased by 1.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $134.20 million to $136.30 million.
- The gross profit margin for BARD (C.R.) INC is rather high; currently it is at 66.19%. Regardless of BCR's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BCR's net profit margin of 15.65% compares favorably to the industry average.
- BARD (C.R.) INC's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BARD (C.R.) INC reported lower earnings of $1.71 versus $3.68 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($9.97 versus $1.71).
- You can view the full CR Bard Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.