- NOAH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $8.1 million.
- NOAH has traded 295,543 shares today.
- NOAH is trading at 12.62 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- NOAH is trading at a new high 4.09% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NOAH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NOAH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NOAH: Noah Holdings Limited, through its subsidiaries, provides wealth management services with focus on wealth investment and asset allocation services for high net worth individuals and enterprises in the People's Republic of China. NOAH has a PE ratio of 26. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Noah Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Noah Holdings has been 411,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Noah has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. Shares are down 16.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Noah Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 4.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 31.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- NOAH HOLDINGS LTD -ADR has improved earnings per share by 28.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, NOAH HOLDINGS LTD -ADR increased its bottom line by earning $1.29 versus $0.93 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.64 versus $1.29).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 33.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $17.91 million to $23.94 million.
- 39.12% is the gross profit margin for NOAH HOLDINGS LTD -ADR which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 28.97% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- You can view the full Noah Holdings Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.