- PDCE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $68.6 million.
- PDCE traded 714,022 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:16 AM, representing 53.3% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PDCE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PDCE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PDCE: PDC Energy, Inc., an independent exploration and production company, acquires, explores for, develops, and produces crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids in the United States. It operates through two segments, Oil and Gas Exploration and Production, and Gas Marketing. Currently there are 17 analysts that rate PDC Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for PDC Energy has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. PDC Energy has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 0.44 and a short float of 18.5% with 5.13 days to cover. Shares are down 1.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates PDC Energy as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for PDC ENERGY INC is currently very high, coming in at 82.12%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 1.79% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 268.81% to $128.07 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PDC ENERGY INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -39.44%.
- Along with the very weak revenue results, PDCE underperformed when compared to the industry average of 34.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 58.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, PDC ENERGY INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 97.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $131.75 million to $3.02 million.
- You can view the full PDC Energy Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.