Shareholders of Heritage Insurance Holdings Inc (HRTG - Get Report) looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 1.2% annualized dividend yield can sell the June covered call at the $17.50 strike and collect the premium based on the $1.00 bid, which annualizes to an additional 21.2% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 22.4% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $17.50 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but HRTG shares would have to climb 6.6% from current levels for that to occur, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 12.7% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.In general, dividend amounts are not always predictable and tend to follow the ups and downs of profitability at each company. In the case of Heritage Insurance Holdings Inc, looking at the dividend history chart for HRTG below can help in judging whether the most recent dividend is likely to continue, and in turn whether it is a reasonable expectation to expect a 1.2% annualized dividend yield. Below is a chart showing HRTG's trailing twelve month trading history, with the $17.50 strike highlighted in red: The chart above, and the stock's historical volatility, can be a helpful guide in combination with fundamental analysis to judge whether selling the June covered call at the $17.50 strike gives good reward for the risk of having given away the upside beyond $17.50. ( Do most options expire worthless? This and six other common options myths debunked). We calculate the trailing twelve month volatility for Heritage Insurance Holdings Inc (considering the last 253 trading day closing values as well as today's price of $16.41) to be 42%. For other call options contract ideas at the various different available expirations, visit the HRTG Stock Options page of StockOptionsChannel.com. In mid-afternoon trading on Friday, the put volume among S&P 500 components was 848,429 contracts, with call volume at 1.41M, for a put:call ratio of 0.60 so far for the day. Compared to the long-term median put:call ratio of .65, that represents high call volume relative to puts; in other words, buyers are showing a preference for calls in options trading so far today. Find out which 15 call and put options traders are talking about today.
More from Stocks
Warren Buffett Adds RH Shares to Berkshire Hathaway Portfolio, Filing Shows
Berkshire also picked up stake in Occidental Petroleum.
State AGs Expand Alphabet Probe to Include Android, Search: Report
So far, the antitrust investigation of Alphabet has focused on its advertising business.
Nvidia's Earnings Beat: One Big Takeaway From the Print
Management expects strong data center revenue, which analysts had highlighted as an area investors were focused on.
Computers Keep Control of Quick Trading, Quashing Trade China News
The market brushed off bad headlines, showing how short-term trading is dominated by computer algorithms.
S&P 500 Finishes at Record Close for Second Day in a Row; NetApp Climbs
The S&P 500 closed at a record high for the second day in a row Thursday, but concerns about a U.S.-China trade pact and Cisco's earnings miss tempered gains.