- FRT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $90.9 million.
- FRT has traded 28.3134000000000014551915228366851806640625 options contracts today.
- FRT is making at least a new 3-day high.
- FRT has a PE ratio of 57.
- FRT is mentioned 1.26 times per day on StockTwits.
- FRT has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- FRT is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- FRT is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- FRT is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- FRT is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FRT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FRT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FRT: Federal Realty Investment Trust operates as a real estate investment trust, which engages in the ownership, management, development, and redevelopment of retail and mixed-use properties. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.5%. FRT has a PE ratio of 57. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Federal Realty Investment a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Federal Realty Investment has been 736,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Federal Realty Investment has a market cap of $10.3 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.26 and a short float of 4.6% with 3.24 days to cover. Shares are up 3.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Federal Realty Investment as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- FRT's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 7.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- FEDERAL REALTY INVESTMENT TR reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, FEDERAL REALTY INVESTMENT TR increased its bottom line by earning $3.03 versus $2.42 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.10 versus $3.03).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 93.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $35.16 million to $67.95 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, FEDERAL REALTY INVESTMENT TR has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Federal Realty Investment Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.