- VRX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $860.1 million.
- VRX has traded 32.1 million shares today.
- VRX is up 3% today.
- VRX was down 18.4% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VRX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VRX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on VRX: Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets pharmaceuticals, over-the-counter products, and medical devices worldwide. VRX has a PE ratio of 46. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Valeant Pharmaceuticals International a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Valeant Pharmaceuticals International has been 8.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Valeant Pharmaceuticals International has a market cap of $27.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.06 and a short float of 4.8% with 1.00 days to cover. Shares are down 35.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Valeant Pharmaceuticals International as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, unimpressive growth in net income and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 6.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 35.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $736.40 million or 19.02% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, VALEANT PHARMACEUTICALS INTL has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -50.95%.
- VALEANT PHARMACEUTICALS INTL has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, VALEANT PHARMACEUTICALS INTL turned its bottom line around by earning $2.67 versus -$2.62 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($10.28 versus $2.67).
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, VALEANT PHARMACEUTICALS INTL's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 57.22%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 82.71% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Although its share price is down sharply from a year ago, do not assume that it can now be tagged as cheap and attractive. The reality is that, based on its current price in relation to its earnings, VRX is still more expensive than most of the other companies in its industry.
- You can view the full Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.