- HIMX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $24.8 million.
- HIMX has traded 893,672 shares today.
- HIMX is trading at 3.52 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- HIMX is trading at a new high 4.04% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HIMX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HIMX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HIMX: Himax Technologies, Inc., a fabless semiconductor company, provides display imaging processing technologies to consumer electronics worldwide. The company operates through Driver IC and Non-Driver Products segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. HIMX has a PE ratio of 27. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Himax Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Himax Technologies has been 2.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Himax has a market cap of $1.7 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are up 20.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Himax Technologies as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.41, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.43, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- HIMX, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 4.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 21.6%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC is rather low; currently it is at 24.80%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 3.44% significantly trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $25.87 million or 33.12% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC has marginally lower results.
- You can view the full Himax Technologies Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.