- DAR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $13.2 million.
- DAR has traded 117,409 shares today.
- DAR is trading at 2.60 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- DAR is trading at a new low 3.11% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DAR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DAR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DAR: Darling Ingredients Inc. develops, produces, and sells natural ingredients from edible and inedible bio-nutrients worldwide. It operates in three segments: Feed Ingredients, Food Ingredients, and Fuel Ingredients. DAR has a PE ratio of 23. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Darling Ingredients a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Darling Ingredients has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Darling Ingredients has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 1.02 and a short float of 5.6% with 5.46 days to cover. Shares are down 14.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Darling Ingredients as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, unimpressive growth in net income and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DAR, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 1.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 12.8%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for DARLING INGREDIENTS INC is rather low; currently it is at 21.37%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -1.06% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $109.10 million or 21.09% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Darling Ingredients Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.