- CW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $25.1 million.
- CW has traded 84,718 shares today.
- CW is trading at 8.42 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- CW is trading at a new high 4.09% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CW: Curtiss-Wright Corporation provides engineered products and services to the defense, power generation, oil and gas, commercial aerospace, and general industrial markets worldwide. It operates through three segments: Flow Control, Controls, and Surface Technologies. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. CW has a PE ratio of 19. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Curtiss-Wright a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Curtiss-Wright has been 410,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Curtiss-Wright has a market cap of $3.1 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.22 and a short float of 2.5% with 4.35 days to cover. Shares are down 3.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Curtiss-Wright as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Aerospace & Defense industry. The net income increased by 35.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $25.03 million to $33.88 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.73, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. To add to this, CW has a quick ratio of 1.72, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 55.01% to $106.58 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 6.58%.
- 40.03% is the gross profit margin for CURTISS-WRIGHT CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 6.44% trails the industry average.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Aerospace & Defense industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, CURTISS-WRIGHT CORP has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Curtiss-Wright Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.