- CVC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $77.4 million.
- CVC has traded 1289.640000000000100044417195022106170654296875 options contracts today.
- CVC is making at least a new 3-day high.
- CVC has a PE ratio of 43.
- CVC is mentioned 1.03 times per day on StockTwits.
- CVC has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- CVC is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- CVC is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- CVC is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- CVC is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CVC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CVC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CVC: Cablevision Systems Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, owns and operates cable systems in the United States. The company operates through three segments: Cable, Lightpath, and Other. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.8%. CVC has a PE ratio of 43. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Cablevision Systems a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Cablevision Systems has been 3.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Cablevision Systems has a market cap of $9.0 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 0.54 and a short float of 5.7% with 4.63 days to cover. Shares are up 2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cablevision Systems as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $335.78 million or 4.51% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, CABLEVISION SYS CORP's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 12.51%.
- CVC, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 7.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- CABLEVISION SYS CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CABLEVISION SYS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.14 versus $0.48 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 37.3% in earnings ($0.72 versus $1.14).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 67.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $71.49 million to $23.10 million.
- You can view the full Cablevision Systems Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.