- CONN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.6 million.
- CONN has traded 98,629 shares today.
- CONN is down 9.1% today.
- CONN was up 7.1% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CONN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CONN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CONN: Conn's, Inc. operates as a specialty retailer of durable consumer goods and related services in the United States. It operates through Retail and Credit segments. CONN has a PE ratio of 15. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Conn's a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Conn's has been 845,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Conn's has a market cap of $602.7 million and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 2.88 and a short float of 42.3% with 10.64 days to cover. Shares are down 24.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Conn's as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, generally higher debt management risk and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Specialty Retail industry average. The net income increased by 21.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$3.06 million to -$2.42 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for CONN'S INC is rather high; currently it is at 55.15%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -0.61% trails the industry average.
- Currently the debt-to-equity ratio of 1.83 is quite high overall and when compared to the industry average, suggesting that the current management of debt levels should be re-evaluated. Despite the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, the company has managed to keep a very strong quick ratio of 4.90, which shows the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, CONN'S INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Conn's Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.