- Adult and Children's Multi-Category Expansion
- Broadening Channels of Distribution
- M. Hidary & Company, which specializes in the design, manufacture and distribution of men's and boy's casual sportswear, sweaters and outerwear. The company will service a diverse customer base of national and regional chain stores within the sports specialty, department store, mid-tier, and mass-market tiers.
- Bentex, which specializes in the design, production and sales of newborn, infant and toddler boys and girls clothing and layette. The company will distribute to multiple retail tiers, from value to department and specialty stores.
- H.I.S. International - an apparel fashion house and leader in trend right apparel for the children's market for girl's active wear, sportswear, dresses, denim, and sweaters. H.I.S. will distribute to major retailers across the U.S.
- Dreamwave - an industry leader in design, quality and sourcing has been signed for swimwear and sleepwear. Dreamwave will distribute to a wide range of department, specialty, mid-tier and mass retailers.
"The growing strength of our licensee base will provide our retail partners and their customers full access to an expanded assortment of Cherokee® products for the entire family. We are currently engaged in discussions with retailers and wholesalers that have expressed strong interest in our expanded category offerings in both the physical and digital space. We are pleased that Cherokee products will continue to be widely available in the U.S. early next year through new wholesale and category-specific direct-to-retail partnerships," Mr. Stupp concluded.About Cherokee Global BrandsCherokee Global Brands is a global brand marketing platform that manages a growing portfolio of fashion and lifestyle brands including Cherokee®, Carole Little®, Tony Hawk® Signature Apparel and Hawk Brands®, Liz Lange®, Everyday California®, Sideout®, ále by Alessandra® and Flip Flop Shops®, a leading franchise retail chain, across multiple consumer product categories and retail tiers around the world. The Company currently maintains license and franchise agreements with leading retailers and manufacturers that span over 50 countries in 7,400 retail locations. Its retail, franchise and e-commerce platform partnerships include: Target Stores (U.S.), Kohl's (U.S.), Sears Canada (Canada), Walmart (Canada), Argos & Sports Direct (UK and Ireland), Flip Flop Shops® (U.S., Canada, Caribbean, Middle East and South Africa), RT-Mart (Peoples Republic of China), Pick 'n Pay (South Africa), Falabella (Chile, Peru and Colombia), Arvind Mills (India), Shufersal LTD. (Israel), Comercial Mexicana (Mexico), Nishimatsuya (Japan), Landmark Group's Max Stores (certain Middle East and North Africa countries), Reliance Trends Stores (India) and the TJX Companies (U.S., Canada and Europe). Statements included within this news release may contain forward-looking statements for purposes of the safe harbor provided by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. When used, the words "anticipates," "believes," "expects," "may," "should," and similar expressions are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements included in this press release (including, without limitation, express or implied statements regarding potential future business development) involve known and unknown risk and uncertainties that may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of the Company to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties, include, but are not limited to, the effect of global economic conditions, the financial condition of the apparel and retail industry, adverse changes in licensee or consumer acceptance of products bearing the Company's brands, the ability and/or commitment of the Company's licensees to design, manufacture and market Cherokee, Liz Lange, Completely Me, Tony Hawk and Hawk Brands, Sideout, Everyday California and Carole Little branded products, the Company's dependence on Target for most of the Company's revenues and the Company's dependence on its key management personnel. The risks included here are not exhaustive. A further list and description of these risks, uncertainties and other matters can be found in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for Fiscal Year 2015, and in its periodic reports on Forms 10-Q and 8-K. Given these risks and uncertainties, you should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements as a prediction of actual results. The Company disclaims any intent or obligation to update any of the forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect future events and developments.
Investor Contact:Cherokee Global BrandsJason Boling, CFO818-908-9868Addo CommunicationsPatricia Nir310-829-5400Licensing information:Cherokee Global BrandsRandi Spieker, EVP Business Development US(818) 908-9868 firstname.lastname@example.orgMark Nawrocki, EVP Global New Business(818) 908-9868 email@example.comMedia Requests for Cherokee Global Brands:Orsi Public RelationsJanet Orsi(323) 874-4073