While plenty of high-yield opportunities exist, investors must always consider the safety of their dividend and the total return potential of their investment. It is not uncommon for a struggling company to suspend high-yielding dividends which could subsequently result in precipitous share price declines.
TheStreet Ratings' stock rating model views dividends favorably, but not so much that other factors are disregarded. Our model gauges the relationship between risk and reward in several ways, including: the pricing drawdown as compared to potential profit volatility, i.e. how much one is willing to risk in order to earn profits?; the level of acceptable volatility for highly performing stocks; the current valuation as compared to projected earnings growth; and the financial strength of the underlying company as compared to its stock's valuation as compared to its stock's performance.
These and many more derived observations are then combined, ranked, weighted, and scenario-tested to create a more complete analysis. The result is a systematic and disciplined method of selecting stocks. As always, stock ratings should not be treated as gospel — rather, use them as a starting point for your own research.
The following pages contain our analysis of 3 stocks with substantial yields, that ultimately, we have rated "Buy."Physicians Realty Dividend Yield: 5.40% Physicians Realty (NYSE: DOC) shares currently have a dividend yield of 5.40%. Physicians Realty Trust, a self-managed healthcare real estate company, focuses on the acquisition, development, ownership, and management of healthcare properties that are leased to physicians, hospitals, and healthcare delivery systems. The company has a P/E ratio of 98.71. The average volume for Physicians Realty has been 977,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Physicians Realty has a market cap of $1.5 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are down 1.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreet Ratings rates Physicians Realty as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations, impressive record of earnings per share growth and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DOC's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 7.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 146.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 276.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$2.09 million to $3.70 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 443.03% to $19.19 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PHYSICIANS REALTY TR has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -51.84%.
- PHYSICIANS REALTY TR reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PHYSICIANS REALTY TR reported poor results of -$0.19 versus -$0.11 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.17 versus -$0.19).
- 41.42% is the gross profit margin for PHYSICIANS REALTY TR which we consider to be strong. Regardless of DOC's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, DOC's net profit margin of 10.61% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- You can view the full Physicians Realty Ratings Report.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 6.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.83, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Despite the fact that MDP's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.63, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- MEREDITH CORP's earnings per share declined by 17.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MEREDITH CORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.02 versus $2.50 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.17 versus $3.02).
- The gross profit margin for MEREDITH CORP is rather high; currently it is at 62.83%. Regardless of MDP's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 8.00% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Meredith Ratings Report.
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 31.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 29.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, DHT HOLDINGS INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for DHT HOLDINGS INC is rather high; currently it is at 68.27%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 34.26% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 193.52% to $53.31 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, DHT HOLDINGS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -38.77%.
- You can view the full DHT Holdings Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.