- SEMI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $3.9 million.
- SEMI has traded 151,897 shares today.
- SEMI is trading at 7.29 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- SEMI is trading at a new high 4.13% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SEMI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SEMI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SEMI: SunEdison Semiconductor Limited develops, manufactures, and sells silicon wafers for the semiconductor industry in the United States and internationally. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate SunEdison Semiconductor a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for SunEdison Semiconductor has been 275,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. SunEdison Semiconductor has a market cap of $154.4 million and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are down 28.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates SunEdison Semiconductor as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins, feeble growth in its earnings per share, unimpressive growth in net income and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, SUNEDISON SEMICONDUCTOR LTD's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for SUNEDISON SEMICONDUCTOR LTD is rather low; currently it is at 24.18%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -42.75% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- SUNEDISON SEMICONDUCTOR LTD' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SUNEDISON SEMICONDUCTOR LTD reported poor results of -$2.17 versus -$0.84 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 33.6% in earnings (-$2.90 versus -$2.17).
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry average. The net income has decreased by 1.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$79.40 million to -$80.80 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $8.40 million or 61.29% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow SUNEDISON SEMICONDUCTOR LTD is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -74.69%.
- You can view the full SunEdison Semiconductor Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.