- PEG has 12x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 1.23 mentions/day.
- PEG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $153.2 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PEG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PEG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PEG: Public Service Enterprise Group Incorporated, through its subsidiaries, operates as an energy company primarily in the northeastern and Mid Atlantic United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.9%. PEG has a PE ratio of 7. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Public Service Enterprise Group a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Public Service Enterprise Group has been 3.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Public Service Enterprise Group has a market cap of $21.3 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.28 and a short float of 2.8% with 3.91 days to cover. Shares are up 8.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Public Service Enterprise Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 26.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Multi-Utilities industry and the overall market, PUBLIC SERVICE ENTRP GRP INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 41.93% is the gross profit margin for PUBLIC SERVICE ENTRP GRP INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 16.33% trails the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.72, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.41 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- Compared to where it was trading a year ago, PEG's share price has not changed very much due to (a) the relatively weak year-over-year performance of the overall market, (b) the company's stagnant earnings, and (c) other mixed results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Public Service Enterprise Group Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.