- MAR has 12x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 2.70 mentions/day.
- MAR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $289.3 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MAR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MAR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MAR: Marriott International, Inc. operates, franchises, and licenses hotels and timeshare properties worldwide. It operates through three segments: North American Full-Service, North American Limited-Service, and International. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. MAR has a PE ratio of 21. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Marriott International a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Marriott International has been 3.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Marriott International has a market cap of $16.7 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 1.39 and a short float of 17.8% with 8.13 days to cover. Shares are down 0.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Marriott International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income, revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MARRIOTT INTL INC has improved earnings per share by 20.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MARRIOTT INTL INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.54 versus $2.01 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.11 versus $2.54).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry average. The net income increased by 9.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $192.00 million to $210.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 12.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $328.00 million or 16.72% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MARRIOTT INTL INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -54.62%.
- The gross profit margin for MARRIOTT INTL INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 10.34%. Regardless of MAR's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 5.86% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Marriott International Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.