- DUK has 13x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 3.27 mentions/day.
- DUK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $329.8 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DUK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DUK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DUK: Duke Energy Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, operates as an energy company in the United States and Latin America. It operates through three segments: Regulated Utilities, International Energy, and Commercial Power. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.3%. DUK has a PE ratio of 22. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Duke Energy Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Duke Energy Corporation has been 3.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Duke Energy has a market cap of $52.5 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.11 and a short float of 1.4% with 2.22 days to cover. Shares are up 5.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Duke Energy Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins and growth in earnings per share. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DUK's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 8.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- 40.17% is the gross profit margin for DUKE ENERGY CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 14.37% is above that of the industry average.
- DUKE ENERGY CORP has improved earnings per share by 8.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DUKE ENERGY CORP reported lower earnings of $3.46 versus $3.63 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.58 versus $3.46).
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $2,517.00 million or 1.21% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 1.21%, DUKE ENERGY CORP is in line with the industry average cash flow growth rate of -9.31%.
- DUK's share price is down 6.17%, reflecting, in part, the market's overall decline, investors ignoring the increase in its earnings per share. Despite the stock's decline during the last year, it is still somewhat more expensive (in proportion to its earnings over the last year) than most other stocks in its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays offset this slight negative.
- You can view the full Duke Energy Corporation Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.