- XCO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $2.6 million.
- XCO has traded 260,223 shares today.
- XCO is trading at 2.04 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- XCO is trading at a new low 5.14% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in XCO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for XCO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on XCO: EXCO Resources, Inc., an independent oil and natural gas company, engages in the acquisition, exploration, exploitation, development, and production of onshore oil and natural gas properties with a focus on shale resource plays in the United States. Currently there are no analysts that rate EXCO Resources a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for EXCO Resources has been 3.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. EXCO has a market cap of $240.6 million and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.29 and a short float of 18.9% with 10.76 days to cover. Shares are down 21.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates EXCO Resources as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, weak operating cash flow, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 952.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $41.57 million to -$354.52 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $18.65 million or 79.33% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 61.48%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 966.66% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- EXCO RESOURCES INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EXCO RESOURCES INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.44 versus $0.11 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 129.8% in earnings (-$0.13 versus $0.44).
- XCO, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 31.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 44.7%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full EXCO Resources Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.