- MEOH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $52.3 million.
- MEOH has traded 104,222 shares today.
- MEOH is trading at 2.19 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- MEOH is trading at a new high 4.01% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MEOH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MEOH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MEOH: Methanex Corporation produces and supplies methanol in the Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, and South America. It also purchases methanol produced by others under methanol offtake contracts and on the spot market. The company was founded in 1968 and is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.2%. MEOH has a PE ratio of 13. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Methanex a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Methanex has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Methanex has a market cap of $2.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. Shares are down 16.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Methanex as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.89, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.30, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- MEOH, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 10.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 34.0%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for METHANEX CORP is currently extremely low, coming in at 9.90%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 1.92% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $43.96 million or 79.15% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Methanex Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.