- BIN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $27.3 million.
- BIN has traded 229.253999999999990677679306827485561370849609375 options contracts today.
- BIN is making at least a new 3-day high.
- BIN has a PE ratio of 33.
- BIN is mentioned 1.87 times per day on StockTwits.
- BIN has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- BIN is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- BIN is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- BIN is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- BIN is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BIN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BIN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BIN: Progressive Waste Solutions Ltd. operates as a vertically integrated non-hazardous solid waste management company in North America. It operates through Canada, the U.S. Northeast, and the U.S. South segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. BIN has a PE ratio of 33. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Progressive Waste Solutions a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Progressive Waste Solutions has been 928,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Progressive Waste has a market cap of $3.1 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. Shares are up 23.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Progressive Waste Solutions as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a decline in the stock price during the past year, deteriorating net income and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $141.00 million or 46.54% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 0.62%.
- 37.23% is the gross profit margin for PROGRESSIVE WASTE SOLUTIONS which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 4.68% trails the industry average.
- PROGRESSIVE WASTE SOLUTIONS's earnings per share declined by 41.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PROGRESSIVE WASTE SOLUTIONS increased its bottom line by earning $1.12 versus $1.01 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Services & Supplies industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 43.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $40.81 million to $22.91 million.
- BIN's share price is down 5.80% over the past year. We believe this reflects several factors -- the market's overall decline (which was actually deeper), the sharp decline in the company's earnings per share, and (c) other weaknesses. Looking ahead, other than the push or pull of the broad market, we do not see anything in the company's numbers that may help reverse the decline experienced over the past 12 months. Despite the past decline, the stock is still selling for more than most others in its industry.
- You can view the full Progressive Waste Solutions Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.