- RSG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $88.7 million.
- RSG has traded 1.6 million shares today.
- RSG is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RSG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RSG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RSG: Republic Services, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides non-hazardous solid waste collection, transfer, recycling, and disposal services for commercial, industrial, municipal, and residential customers in the United States. It operates through three segments: East, Central, and West. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.7%. RSG has a PE ratio of 21. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Republic Services a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Republic Services has been 1.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Republic Services has a market cap of $15.3 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 0.61 and a short float of 2.7% with 3.36 days to cover. Shares are up 0.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Republic Services as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- RSG's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.97, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- REPUBLIC SERVICES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, REPUBLIC SERVICES INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.13 versus $1.53 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.16 versus $2.13).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Services & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 242.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $50.30 million to $172.20 million.
- You can view the full Republic Services Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.