- CVC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $83.5 million.
- CVC has traded 1337.359999999999899955582804977893829345703125 options contracts today.
- CVC is making at least a new 3-day high.
- CVC has a PE ratio of 42.
- CVC is mentioned 1.06 times per day on StockTwits.
- CVC has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- CVC is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- CVC is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- CVC is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- CVC is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CVC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CVC NOW at Trade-Ideas
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $335.78 million or 4.51% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, CABLEVISION SYS CORP's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 7.88%.
- The gross profit margin for CABLEVISION SYS CORP is rather high; currently it is at 50.44%. Regardless of CVC's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 1.42% trails the industry average.
- CVC, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 4.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- CABLEVISION SYS CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CABLEVISION SYS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.14 versus $0.48 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 37.3% in earnings ($0.72 versus $1.14).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 67.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $71.49 million to $23.10 million.
- You can view the full Cablevision Systems Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.