- ETE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $207.5 million.
- ETE has traded 93,955 shares today.
- ETE is down 5.1% today.
- ETE was up 14.9% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ETE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ETE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ETE: Energy Transfer Equity, L.P., through its subsidiaries, provides diversified energy-related services in the Unites States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 28.1%. ETE has a PE ratio of 4. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Energy Transfer Equity a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Energy Transfer Equity has been 27.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Energy Transfer Equity has a market cap of $4.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 2.04 and a short float of 6.4% with 1.17 days to cover. Shares are down 66.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Energy Transfer Equity as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ENERGY TRANSFER EQUITY LP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, ENERGY TRANSFER EQUITY LP increased its bottom line by earning $0.52 versus $0.15 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.22 versus $0.52).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 55.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $188.00 million to $293.00 million.
- ETE, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 31.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 31.6%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for ENERGY TRANSFER EQUITY LP is currently extremely low, coming in at 13.53%. Regardless of ETE's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ETE's net profit margin of 2.98% compares favorably to the industry average.
- ETE's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 72.27%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
- You can view the full Energy Transfer Equity Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.