- PCLN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $986.2 million.
- PCLN is up 2.6% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PCLN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PCLN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PCLN: The Priceline Group Inc. provides online travel and travel related reservation and search services. PCLN has a PE ratio of 21. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Priceline Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Priceline Group has been 686,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Priceline Group has a market cap of $48.5 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.64 and a short float of 2.6% with 1.46 days to cover. Shares are down 22.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Priceline Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PRICELINE GROUP INC has improved earnings per share by 16.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PRICELINE GROUP INC increased its bottom line by earning $45.73 versus $36.01 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($57.61 versus $45.73).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Internet & Catalog Retail industry average. The net income increased by 12.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $1,062.25 million to $1,196.73 million.
- The revenue growth significantly trails the industry average of 51.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.64, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. To add to this, PCLN has a quick ratio of 2.49, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Internet & Catalog Retail industry and the overall market, PRICELINE GROUP INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Priceline Group Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.