- WGL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $20.7 million.
- WGL has traded 63,312 shares today.
- WGL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WGL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WGL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WGL: WGL Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, sells and delivers natural gas, and provides energy-related products and services. The company operates in four segments: Regulated Utility, Retail Energy-Marketing, Commercial Energy Systems, and Midstream Energy Services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.9%. WGL has a PE ratio of 25. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates WGL Holdings a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for WGL Holdings has been 279,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. WGL has a market cap of $3.3 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.56 and a short float of 4.3% with 6.79 days to cover. Shares are up 7.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates WGL Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and reasonable valuation levels. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- WGL HOLDINGS INC has improved earnings per share by 6.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WGL HOLDINGS INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.62 versus $2.05 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.09 versus $2.62).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Gas Utilities industry average. The net income increased by 6.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $64.22 million to $68.50 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.72, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.39 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 22.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 18.1%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full WGL Holdings Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.