- ACCO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $3.8 million.
- ACCO has traded 53,371 shares today.
- ACCO is trading at 2.72 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- ACCO is trading at a new high 11.43% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ACCO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ACCO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ACCO: ACCO Brands Corporation manufactures and markets office, school, and calendar products, and select computer and electronic accessories primarily in the Unites States, Northern Europe, Brazil, Canada, Australia, and Mexico. ACCO has a PE ratio of 7. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates ACCO Brands a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for ACCO Brands has been 599,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. ACCO has a market cap of $637.2 million and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.32 and a short float of 6% with 9.59 days to cover. Shares are down 17.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates ACCO Brands as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Services & Supplies industry and the overall market, ACCO BRANDS CORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- ACCO, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 0.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 12.4%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for ACCO BRANDS CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 34.24%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 7.88% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $60.80 million or 1.77% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, ACCO BRANDS CORP has marginally lower results.
- You can view the full ACCO Brands Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.