- DV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $32.9 million.
- DV has traded 565,421 shares today.
- DV is down 3.2% today.
- DV was up 5.5% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DV NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DV: DeVry Education Group Inc. provides educational services worldwide. It operates through three segments: Medical and Healthcare; International and Professional Educational; and Business, Technology and Management. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. DV has a PE ratio of 43. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate DeVry Education Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for DeVry Education Group has been 817,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. DeVry Education Group has a market cap of $1.1 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.83 and a short float of 24.4% with 6.85 days to cover. Shares are down 29% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates DeVry Education Group as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DV has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.09, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$40.06 million or 17.82% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, DEVRY EDUCATION GROUP INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -63.48%.
- 47.17% is the gross profit margin for DEVRY EDUCATION GROUP INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of DV's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 56.81%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 221.53% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Despite the heavy decline in its share price, this stock is still more expensive (when compared to its current earnings) than most other companies in its industry.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Diversified Consumer Services industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, DEVRY EDUCATION GROUP INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full DeVry Education Group Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.