- PRGO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $251.8 million.
- PRGO is down 3.5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PRGO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PRGO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PRGO: Perrigo Company plc, through its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, and markets over-the-counter (OTC) consumer goods and pharmaceutical products worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.3%. PRGO has a PE ratio of 15. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Perrigo a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Perrigo has been 2.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Perrigo has a market cap of $21.3 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.70 and a short float of 3.8% with 2.90 days to cover. Shares are down 0.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Perrigo as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 0.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 41.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.50, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.06, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- PERRIGO CO PLC has improved earnings per share by 6.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PERRIGO CO PLC reported lower earnings of $0.94 versus $1.65 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.74 versus $0.94).
- PRGO is off 6.70% from its price level of one year ago, reflecting the general market trend and ignoring their higher earnings per share compared to the year-earlier quarter. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, PERRIGO CO PLC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Perrigo Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.