- SNA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $97.9 million.
- SNA has traded 89,681 shares today.
- SNA is trading at 7.46 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- SNA is trading at a new low 4.01% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SNA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SNA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SNA: Snap-on Incorporated manufactures and markets tools, equipment, diagnostics, and repair information and systems solutions for professional users worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. SNA has a PE ratio of 2. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Snap-on a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Snap-on has been 426,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Snap-on has a market cap of $9.0 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.22 and a short float of 2.8% with 2.39 days to cover. Shares are down 10.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Snap-on as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 20.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.40, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, SNA has a quick ratio of 1.54, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- SNAP-ON INC has improved earnings per share by 12.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SNAP-ON INC increased its bottom line by earning $7.15 versus $5.93 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($8.06 versus $7.15).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Machinery industry. The net income increased by 12.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $103.70 million to $116.80 million.
- The gross profit margin for SNAP-ON INC is rather high; currently it is at 55.35%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 13.23% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Snap-on Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.