- RNR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $51.9 million.
- RNR has traded 100,592 shares today.
- RNR traded in a range 228.4% of the normal price range with a price range of $4.90.
- RNR traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 12 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 12 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RNR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RNR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RNR: RenaissanceRe Holdings Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, provides reinsurance and insurance coverages and related services in the United States and internationally. The company operates in three segments: Catastrophe Reinsurance, Specialty Reinsurance, and Lloyd's. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. RNR has a PE ratio of 1. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate RenaissanceRe Holdings a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for RenaissanceRe Holdings has been 319,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. RenaissanceRe has a market cap of $5.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 0.62 and a short float of 5.3% with 5.04 days to cover. Shares are down 0.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates RenaissanceRe Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, increase in net income and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 15.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 39.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Although RNR's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.21 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Insurance industry. The net income increased by 10.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $73.41 million to $81.12 million.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $191.52 million or 12.94% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 12.94%, RENAISSANCERE HOLDINGS LTD is in line with the industry average cash flow growth rate of -22.81%.
- You can view the full RenaissanceRe Holdings Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.